CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like School!

I am pretty sure I am more excited than ever for school to start.  I have been working over the last two months collecting items, doing research, working on new lesson plans and making new things for my classroom.  I'M READY FOR SCHOOL.  But, we have a few more weeks.  Sigh . . . what is a girl to do?  Well, in my case HAVE A MEETING!  We had a pre-preschool meeting today!  OH YES WE DID!  I got together with three of my fellow three-year old teachers today and started discussing new ideas.  It was so fun!  We will have two new teachers in our group this year so my buddy, Mrs. Christi and I met with them to answer a few of their questions.  It was just plain great!  I had way tooooooooo many new ideas to share and I tried (really I did!) to be calm and listen to their questions.  I hope I eased their fears a little.  To be honest, all the meeting did was FIRE ME UP and get me all excited about the coming year.  I'm not real sure August 25th can get here soon enough.  But, until then . . . I've got more stuff to get ready!!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. How do you decide which topic to teach and when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very fortunate to work at school that has an amazing new director. She and I sat down at the end of last year and set up our calendar for the 2011-2012 year. It will be basically the same as 2010-11 with the exception of our alphabet. We will be still be doing the letter of the week but we will talk about a letter that is more associated with the theme. For example, during Pets Week we will also talk about the letter "D" that way the children can relate the letter "D" and dog. I am very excited about the new change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks that sounds very exciting, I need a director to get me started lol!

    ReplyDelete